Summer Village of Grandview Residents
As you have noticed, dead fish are washing up onto the beaches and shores of the Lake. Whitefish are known to be vulnerable to depleted lake oxygen levels that can occur in hot weather conditions when there is little wave action.
Please do not use the disposal facilities of another summer village. Grandview residents have two options for disposing as described below. With either option, it is recommended that fish be taken out of the lake and allowed to drain before bagging.
OPTION #1: GFL will accept dead fish placed in residential garbage bins. If you wish to dispose of dead fish in your garbage bin, please adhere to the following requirements:
- Do not place the fish directly into the garbage bin. All fish must be bagged in plastic and tightly secured. Double bagging is recommended.
- Ensure your garbage bin is out, ready for collection, before 7 a.m.on Mondays.
OPTION #2: The County of Wetaskiwin will accept dead fish at Lakedell transfer station if you present your transfer station card. If you wish to take dead fish to the Lakedell Transfer Station, please adhere to the following requirements:
- All fish must be bagged in plastic and tightly secured.
- Fish can be placed in the regular roll-off bins; please place them carefully to avoid tearing of the bags.
- You will be charged the standard disposal fee ($30 per trip).
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work through this matter.